Thursday, August 26, 2010

Second Chances? Absolutely!

My God is a God of second chances – no doubt about it! I have the perfect example…
For many years of my life I didn’t understand what all the fuss was about in the romance department. I read all the cards at Hallmark – I watched all the love story movies – I heard others talking about how “in love” they were and how their heart skipped a beat in the presence of their true love. I did not get it! I did not feel it! I thought it was all a Hollywood hoax – not a real life existence.

Through a series of poor life choices, I was living out the consequences of my sin in a painfully lonely marriage. And then, my glorious God rescued me from that miry pit. Did it hurt to be betrayed by my husband? You betcha. Did I feel defeated? Damaged? Unworthy of love? Broken? Did I think life was over? Yes to all. I thought life was over, but it was really only beginning. God plucked me out of despair and renewed my life beyond any Hollywood fantasy!

In my darkest hours, when I felt completely alone, God drew me close and taught me that HE is my provider. He is the Lover of my soul. He will never leave me or forsake me. Over time, God restored my broken spirit and made me strong in Him. Life began!

In His perfect timing, I met the man God designed to be my life’s partner. My husband is the best proof God could have provided me that He is indeed the God of second chances. What a gift! What a treasure my husband is! NOW I get what all the fuss was about. All the times that people would say, “When you know, you just know,” made perfect sense to me – finally!

So, when Philip asked me these questions…Do you know that I love you? Will you love me forever? Will you be my wife? My answer to those questions was – and still is – ABSOLUTELY! That was years ago now, but every day I have a choice… Philip has a choice… We all have a choice… Do I choose to love my spouse? Do I choose to honor my spouse? Do I choose to fully commit to my spouse? Yes, absolutely!

Because God has allowed forgiveness, and healing, and renewal, I can truly, fully, honestly LOVE my husband with God as my eternal source of that love. Not because I have to, but because I get to. And so, to the God of second chances - THANK YOU! I’m still amazed that I GET TO be Philip’s wife. Makes me want to shout – ABSOLUTELY!



Absolutely, 2010
Kim Bartholomew
Mixed Media on Paper, 13” x 15.5”

Description:
In this mixture of neutral and metallic media ranging from watercolor, oil pastel, acrylic, and ink, I created a montage of elements from all angles and components of my engagement ring and wedding band. This work of art is a personal reminder to me and my wonderful husband of the beginning of our lifelong love and commitment to each other.

Years ago, Philip surprised me with his presentation to me of these beautiful rings and asked me if I would love him forever. I responded, “Absolutely!” Being his wife is both my greatest honor and pleasure in life, and it is my heart’s prayerful desire to be the excellent wife so richly deserves.


Scriptural Inspiration:
An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far about jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. (Proverbs 31: 10 and 11)

To see more original works of art and related products like note cards, posters, giclees and fine prints, please visit http://www.sonstudios.com./

Live a beautiful life! ~Kim P. Bartholomew

1 comment:

  1. wow! Kim your heart amazes me...tears streaming down as i read this one! I am getting to know you better through your blog and I love who I am getting to know. You could write devotionals! Keep up the blogging! I think you have found the perfect place to share and let your voice be heard! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete