Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Gift of Friendship

Spent some time with a dear friend of mine this morning--stretching out the birthday celebrations as much as I can:) She and I met for a late breakfast, coffee, and conversation. What a treasure! One of the greatest gifts of my life is that of genuine friendship. If you have even one true friend, you must give thanks…and show gratitude…and celebrate the bond!

Not everyone we meet can be called a true friend. Along life’s journey, I have met some folks that were what I call “soul sandpaper” to put it nicely. You know those people that just kind of rub you the wrong way…but God still uses the encounter for His ultimate good--to knock off a few rough and jagged edges? The refining process is sometimes painful, but I try to keep in mind that I may be the “grit” in someone else’s life. I find that it’s best to extend mercy as much as possible because I never know when I will need to be the recipient!

But still, there are a few shining favorites out there… the ones who just get you-- and you get them too! Those are the people who can tell you what’s going on in their lives and you find yourself nodding in complete understanding. True friends serve as a life mirror. In them, sometimes I see who I am. Sometimes I remember who I was. Sometimes I ponder what I will become. And all the while, it’s so nice to know that God can use me to meet their needs as well. He sends each of us the exact people we need – at the exact time we need them – for the exact support or challenge we require. Now that is a gift worth celebrating!
To see more original works of art and related products like posters, giclees and fine prints, please visit http://www.sonstudios.com/

Live a beautiful life! ~Kim P. Bartholomew

1 comment:

  1. fabulous post! i love friends too! God is good to give us friends for the seasons of our lives. Some of my closest friends I no longer see, but they still have a piece of my heart and will always be a friend because of that bond Isn't life so much sweeter when we have friends! I'm thankful to call you friend Kim! Blessings! and again thanks for sharing you in your post!

    ReplyDelete